2019 Yamaha VF90 In-Line V MAX SHO® - 25 in. Shaft
Call for Price
The In-Line Four V MAX SHO four strokes have achieved the unthinkable—packing signature V MAX SHO hole shot and acceleration into streamlined designs. This powerful family now includes the all-new I-4 V MAX SHO 90, which packs the biggest punch of any 90-horse on the water. Overall, this series of 1.8- and 2.8-liter dynamos features a surprising tech package with 16 valves, single- or double-overhead cams and electronic fuel injection—for maximum efficiency and high performance. This makes the I-4 V MAX SHOs perfect for smaller bass, flats and bay boats and other performance hulls. With the option of a 25-inch shaft for all of our I-4 V MAX SHO outboards, anglers prowling big waters on multi-species, bay and flats boats have a competitive edge that runs deeper than ever.
- Quiet Power and Performance: The I-4 V MAX SHO® design maximizes combustion efficiency in a way that no two stroke can, delivering clean, quiet power and performance.
- Fuel Efficient: In-line Four V MAX SHO® designs are up to 40% more fuel efficient than traditional carbureted two strokes.
- Optimum Power: Precision Multi-Point Electronic Fuel Injection and long-track intake system combine to maximize power and fuel efficiency across the line of In-Line Four V MAX SHO® outboards.
- Power Management: An array of advanced sensors constantly provide vital atmospheric and engine conditions to the Engine Control Module (ECM), which instantly makes the precise adjustments for optimum performance.
- Better Lubrication: Wet sump pump lubrication that uses a pressurized oil delivery system through an oil pump.
- Engine Warning System: This system protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, water-in-fuel detection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha I-4 V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
- Extra Space: A four stroke in-line design means there's no need for an external oil tank. That means less weight and more storage room in the boat for tackle and gear.
- Easy Rigging: I-4 V MAX SHO® outboards feature mechanical controls for easy, convenient rigging with most bass, bay and flats boats, and are compatible with analog, 6Y5 digital or Command Link® gauges.
- The All-New VF90 In-Line Four V MAX SHO. A single-overhead-camshaft design with four valves per cylinder and 1.8-liter displacement make the I-4 V MAX SHO 90 a class leader in torque, top speed and efficiency. But it’s not only the fastest—it’s the quietest, too.* That makes for some pretty stealthy fishing.
- Available for mechanical remote or tiller control.
- Only 353 pounds
- Available in 20” or 25” shafts
- Powerful 35-amp alternator
- Optional Variable Trolling RPM via the Command Link tachometer or our new, helm-mounted remote VTS® Switch
- Engine Type: Inline 4
- Displacement: 1.8L
- Bore x Stroke: 81 x 88.9mm (3.19 x 3.5in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 90hp @ 5500 RPM
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 - 6000 RPM
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 35 amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.0:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 25" 362 lbs
- Recommended Fuel: Regular Unleaded (Minimum Pump Octane 87)
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 16
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR5A-11
- Alternator Output: 35 amp
- Starting System: Electric w/ PTT
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 3.2L / 3.0L (with / without filter)
- Recommended Cooling: Water, Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: (28/12) 2.33
- Gear Shift: F-N-R
- Shaft Length: X = 25"
- Degree of Tilt: -4° through +66°
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 25" shaft / (164 kg) 362 lbs
- Mounting Centers: 26"
- Steering Angle (maximum): 35° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited Pleasure Three Years, Government Three Years, Commercial One Year
- Engine Type
- Inline 4
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.19 x 3.5 in. (81 x 88.9mm)
- Electric w/ PTT
- Shaft Length
- 25 in.
- 362 lb. (164 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 90 hp
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 - 6000 RPM
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- (28/12) 2.33 / F-N-R
- Fuel Induction
- 35 amp
- Limited Pleasure Three Years, Government Three Years, Commercial One Year