2019 Yamaha VF225 V6 V MAX SHO® - 20 in. Shaft
Call for Price
The V6 V MAX SHO® has transformed the game with its 4.2-liter big-bore displacement, signature four-stroke fuel economy and a hole shot that’s up to 13 percent faster than two strokes. Now that anglers have experienced the best of both worlds in one outboard, they won’t settle for anything less than V MAX SHO performance. Now, we’re raising expectations even higher—with a 25-inch shaft option for the V MAX SHO 250. That makes it an even better choice for anglers fishing bigger waters on 25-inch-transom boats such as deep-V hulls, bay boats, flats boats and multi-species craft.
- Compact & Powerful Powerhead: Plasma-fused sleeveless cylinders are lighter and 60 percent harder than steel. They also allow us to enlarge cylinder bores without increasing their dimensions--which creates 4.2 liters of big-bore displacement, without adding weight.
- Lightweight: With a re-engineered cowling, engine bracket and lower engine pan, 20-inch-shaft models are a full 34 pounds lighter than their predecessor, the two-stroke V MAX® Series 2.
- Smart Design: Yamaha's exclusive In-Bank Exhaust System exits downward through the center of the "V" rather than on the exterior side. This increases combustion efficiency, creating more power and torque, and also results in a more compact shape.
- Overall Performance: This superior design--with individual intake and exhaust camshafts, larger valves than previous designs and four valves per cylinder--delivers more precise valve timing and more efficient exchange of intake and exhause gases, for responsive power and increased fuel economy.
- Responsive Throttle: Midrange punch and instant throttle response created by Variable Camshaft Timing has to be felt to be believed.
- Outstanding Fuel Economy: Micro-textured cylinder walls increase breathing efficiency while Precision Multi-Point Fuel Injection ensures the precise amount of air and fuel necessary for optimum power and fuel efficiency. Together, they make the 4.2 liter big-bore V MAX SHO® four stroke up to 12% better fuel efficient than our two-stroke V MAX® Series 2.
- Smooth and Quiet: A labyrinth exhaust routes gases through a maze before they exit above the water line through an idle exhause relief outlet. This, combined with a mufflerless design, results in unbelievably smooth and quiet operation, with a pleasing sound of power at idle.
- Protection and Power: V MAX SHO® outboards have an exhaust pressure reduction system, which not only helps keep the propeller hub cooled from hot exhaust gases, but also helps provide power by transitioning those gases out of the engine during the critical hole shot and acceleration phases.
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ electro-deposited, anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha V MAX SHO® four-stroke engines.
- Cleaner Fuel: A large, on-engine water separating fuel filter with a water sensor works in conjuction with Yamaha's 10-Micron Water Separating Fuel Filter to separate water and contaminants from the fuel before they can reach the outboard's other filters and fuel injectors.
- Less Moving Parts: A single timing belt uses fewer moving parts for long term reliability. Automatic belt tensioners keep proper belt tension, avoiding adjustments for added convenience.
- Powerful Charging: With 46 amps of total alternator power at 1000 RPM and a full 50 amps from 2500 ~ 6000 RPM, V MAX SHO® outboards offer the kind of charging power needed to operate today's wide array of on-board electronic devices.
- V MAX SHO® Series Propellers: Designed exclusively for V MAX SHO® V6 20-inch-shaft outboards, V MAX SHO Series propellers are available in one-inch pitch increments from 22 to 27 inches, for fine-tuning wide-open-throttle RPM for tournament-level performance.
- Real-Time Performance Data: Optional Command Link® gauges provide real-time outboard performance, boat systems and environmental data at your fingertips. Streamlined displays are designed to withstand the elements and are available in square or round style for single- or multi-engine applications.
- Engineered to exceed expectations, the V MAX SHO® 225 has a hole shot quick enough to outperform a two-stroke—and the bass game will never be the same.
- Super High Output 60-degree 4.2-liter V6 Design
- 20” shaft only
- Minimum octane 89
- Mechanical controls with optional Command Link® gauges
- Engine Type: V6
- Displacement: 4.2L
- Bore x Stroke: 96 x 96mm (3.78 x 3.78 in)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 225hp at 5500 rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 50 Amp
- Compression Ratio: 10.3:1
- Fuel Induction System: EFI
- Weight*: 229 kg (505 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 89
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 24
- Ignition: TCI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: LFR6A-11
- Alternator Output: 50 Amp
- Starting System: Electric
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 6.7L/6.4L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 1.75:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 20"
- Degree of Tilt: 66°
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 229 kg (505 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: N/A
- Steering Angle (maximum): 35° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial
- Engine Type
- Bore x Stroke
- 3.78 x 3.78 in. (96 x 96mm)
- Shaft Length
- 20 in.
- 505 lb. (229 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 225 hp
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 1.75:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Fuel Induction
- 50 Amp
- Limited 3-year Pleasure, 3-year Government, 1-Year Commercial