2019 Yamaha F9.9 Portable - 15" Shaft
Call for Price
Yamaha’s mid-powered Portables, the F9.9 and F8, provide nimble, lightweight, efficient power you can take with you. These SOHC 212cc two-cylinder wonders are both under 90 pounds. They feature carrying handles, resting pads and on-side storage capability; so they easily ride along to the cabin or your hunting spot. With forward-mounted controls and optional power tilt, they make operation easy—perfect for spending a full day fishing the lake or skimming the marsh with your decoys. They also serve as excellent kickers on multi-species boats, with the 9.9 even offering a high-thrust model and an optional V MAX SHO®-style sport cowl for a consistent look. Add a little more power to your day with Yamaha’s portable F9.9 and F8.
- Compact, lightweight design: A two-cylinder, single-overhead-camshaft platform and streamlined intake manifold provides an efficient, light design.
- Responsive Acceleration: An acceleration pump on the F9.9 and F8 gives these engines the fuel they need--when they need it--like during rapid throttle advance. This ensures responsive acceleration.
- Streamlined Intake: An intake silencer and manifold on the F9.9 and F8 result in more direct airflow, for minimum noise and maximum power.
- Optimal Operation: A CDI Microcomputer Ignition monitors throttle position, engine speed and atmospheric conditions in order to precisely adjust ignition timing under all conditions for optimum ignition performance, ensuring smooth and reliable operation
- Corrosion Protection: Combined with our proprietary alloy (YDC-30), our exclusive Phaze Five™ anti-corrosive paint system provides a tough, five-layer barrier against corrosion. This protection is standard on all Yamaha four-stroke outboards.
- Engine Warning System: Protects the outboard with a range of functions including: overheat protection and low-oil-pressure warning (automatically reducing maximum RPM to 2000), over-rev protection, start-in-gear protection and shift-in prevention at open throttle.
- Solid and Dependable: Incoming air is routed through the Air Intake Labyrinth System that traps and drains water before it enters the engine's intake for maximum reliability.
- Wet Sump: A pressurized oil delivery system incorporates a compact and durable oil pump to keep all of the moving parts of their SOHC systems lubricated and running smoothly for maximum reliability.
- Smart Evolution: The F9.9 and F8 feature a new shorter handle for more comfortable operation. This also ensures that when the handle in hinged back, it tucks in tighter to the cowl for more stable, flexible storage.
- Portability and Storage: Built-in front and rear handles make these lightweights easy to carry. Resting pads and an easy oil retention system allow for convenient on-side storage without cowling scuffs or oil leakage.
- Propeller Protection: Yamaha's Shallow Water Drive, standard on all 9.9- and 8-hp tiller handle models, helps keep the propeller and lower unit out of harm's way in shallow water.
- Our 212-cc 9.9-hp portable is an impressive little outboard with a new, shorter tiller handle for increased comfort and the option of manual or electric start. The F9.9 platform is so popular, we also offer it in a high-thrust T9.9 format. The high-thrust model offers the option of a 25-inch shaft and a V MAX SHO® sport cowl when used as a kicker on a multi-species boat.
- Available for remote mechanical or tiller-handle control
- Only 87 pounds
- Available in 15” and 20” and 25” (T9.9 only) shaft lengths
- Solid 6-amp alternator
- Engine Type: 2 cyl
- Displacement: 212cc
- Bore x Stroke: 56 x 43mm (2.20 x 1.70 in.)
- Prop Shaft Horsepower: 9.9hp @ 5500rpm
- Full Throttle RPM Range: 5000 ~ 6000
- Alternator Output at W.O.T.: 6
- Compression Ratio: 9.4:1
- Fuel Induction System: Carb
- Weight*: 39 kg (87 lbs)
- Recommended Fuel: Octane 87
- Recommended Engine Oil: Yamalube® 4M (See owner's manual)
- Recommended Fuel Filtration: Yamaha 10-Micron Fuel/Water Separating Filter (external)
- C.A.R.B. Rating: 3-Star
- Exhaust: Through Propeller
- Intake: 4
- Ignition: CDI Microcomputer
- Spark Plug: BR6HS-10
- Alternator Output: 6
- Starting System: Electric & Manual
- Lubrication: Wet Sump
- Engine Oil Capacity: 0.8L
- Recommended Cooling: Thermostatic Control
- Ethanol Blend Limit: 10% Maximum
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Gear Shift: Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Shaft Length: 15"
- Degree of Tilt: 71°
- Degree of Trim: -4° through +16°
- Dry Weight: 15" shaft / 39 kg (87 lbs)
- Mounting Centers: N/A
- Steering Angle (maximum): 43° from center, either direction
- Warranty: Limited 3-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial
- Engine Type
- 2 cyl.
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.20 x 1.70 in. (56 x 43mm)
- Electric & Manual
- Shaft Length
- 15 in.
- 87 lb. (39 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5000 ~ 6000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.08:1 / Forward, Neutral, Reverse
- Fuel Induction
- Limited 3-Year Pleasure, 3-Year Government, 1-Year Commercial