2019 Tohatsu MFS5CLPGS
Thanks to Tohatsu's 5hp Liquefied Petroleum Gas (LPG) outboard, sailors are no longer forced to carry gasoline on board. The 5hp LPG comes equipped with a fuel line that will connect to any standard North American propane tank. Our innovative LPG outboard will run for a full 5 hours at WOT on a single 11lb propane tank, without sacrificing performance.
Exclusive to Tohatsu's LPG outboard is the Safety Fuel Shut Off Valve which keeps propane fuel from continuously running when engine is not in use. Plus, since the 5hp LPG does not require ethanol or gas, this propane outboard requires almost zero maintenance on fuel related components. We offer a 20" and 25" shaft Sail Pro model which includes a 12V 60W 5A charging system and high thrust prop. What sailor doesn't want a virtually maintenance free engine that has their back?
- Sailors are no longer forced to carry gasoline on board
- Virtually maintenance free fuel system
- No possibility of ethanol/gasoline related failures
- 30% cleaner emissions* (*Certain models)
- Quieter operations without compromising engine performance
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Shallow water drive and 6 trim positions
- A larger recoil reel and compression release valve makes starting fast and easy
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- Optional steering lock kit available
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Aluminum rubber hub propeller for quieter operation, less vibration and better performance
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Exclusive Fuel Safety Shut Off Valve
- Front Mounted Shift Lever: Tohatsu's front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class, allows for easy shifting and maneuverability.
- Propeller Hub Exhaust: Through-the-prop exhaust helps reduce engine noise.
- Larger Carrying Handle and efficiently designed Holding Grip on bottom cowl: Tohatsu installed a holding grip on the bottom of the cowl as well as a larger carrying handle, making transporting this compact model even easier.
- Safety Fuel shut-off valve: keeps propane fuel from continuously running when engine is not in use.
- Model: MFS5CLPGS
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 1
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 1
- Output: 5 hp (3.7 kW)
- Displacement: 123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)
- Starting: Manual
- Control Type: Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6 in. - 9 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in., 25 in.
- Fuel: LPG HD-5 (More than 65% Propane)
- Fuel Consumption @ WOT: Fuel Efficiency: 11lb (5kg) 5h @ WOT
- Oil Capacity: 15 fl. oz. (450 mL)
- Max Torque: 7.2/4,100 (N-m/rpm)
- Regulator: 2-Step Diaphragm
- Weight*: 59.5 lb.
- Alternator Output: **12V, 60W, 5A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Safety Fuel Shut Off Valve: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard
- Engine Type
- 1 Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.32 x 1.77 in. (59 x 45 mm)
- 123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 15 in.
- 59.5 lb.
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 5 hp (3.7 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000 - 6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.15:1 / F-N-R
- 12V, 60W, 5A
- Tiller Handle