2018 Tohatsu MFS9.9EEPS
New innovations allowed Tohatsu to introduce a new Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) four stroke outboard to its lineup; meet the 9.9hp EFI Sport. The lightest weight outboard in its class features exceptional torque and top end speed so you can get where you need to go in a flash. The battery-less EFI system on the MFS9.9 offers superior starting performance as compared to previous carbureted models. Also, with an EFI outboard, no choke is required during start up and you'll notice smooth, crisp acceleration throughout all RPM ranges.
We set out to completely redesign an already top performing motor, and well exceeded that goal. Tohatsu's new 9.9 EFI Sport accepts top honors for top speed, fuel consumption at idle and most importantly fuel efficiency at wide open throttle. Our fuel efficiency is so much better than the competition, users can go up to 50% farther on less fuel***.
So what are you waiting for, get a 9.9hp EFI Sport and Feel The Wind™.
The 9.9hp EFI comes in three available shaft lengths, 15", 20", and 25". Tohatsu's 9.9 hp has a fantastic option for boaters: Power Tilt! Our 9.9hp EFI engine has an added feature on its power tilt models, a 4 blade high thrust propeller that sets it miles apart from the competition. You can't beat the power and reliability of Tohatsu's 9.9hp and now with electronic fuel injection and a power tilt option, why would you try anything else?
- Battery-less Electronic Fuel Injection (EFI) operation
- Light and compact
- Advanced EFI for smooth operation, easier starting and increased fuel efficiency
- “Light Weight ECO Sport" development and design concept
- Simpliq™ Technology - the result of continuous technological innovation fueled by the pursuit of nothing less than the very best
- Designed with innovative technology
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Canister style oil filter for easy replacement
- Greatly reduced vibration for a smoother and quieter ride
- A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Digital Electronic Control Unit (ECU) for immediate engine starting in all conditions, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Battery-less EFI with recoil starter on all models
- Outboard is easier to lift and tilt into shallow drive because we've moved heavy components forward
- Large alternator and rectifier for superior battery charging* (*Certain models)
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) integrated into the tiller handle for convenience
- Remote control model available
- Power Tilt Models come standard with high thrust 4-blade propeller
- Shallow water drive* (*Certain models)
- 90 degree turning radius
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort* (*Certain models)
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Aluminum propeller
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank includes fuel fittings and fuel line with fuel gauge on the cap
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Low oil pressure warning (visual and audible**) (**Remote control models)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
- Multi-Function Tiller Handle: Stop Switch, Front Shift, Friction Adjusting Screw and Power Tilt Switch (PTS: on power tilt models only) are integrated into the tiller handle for convenience.
- Stowable Carrying Handle: We've incorporated a carrying handle on the front that can easily be tucked away when not in use.
- Fuel Water Separator: A high quality, user-friendly fuel water separator is standard equipment on all EFI 20 | 15 | 9.9 motors. This unique yet simple fuel water separator doesn't require the use of a single tool to drain the water.
- Center of Gravity Improved: By moving heavy components (i.e. crankshaft, driveshaft) 30mm forward compared to the previous model, the tilting weight has decreased by 26% from the previous version, making it much easier for users to tilt manually.
- Compact Fuel System Layout for Easy Maintenance : The Vapor Separator Tank (VST) has been designed to integrate the high pressure fuel feed pump, regulator, and fuel cooler into one component.
- Model: MFS9.9EEPS
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 2
- Electric Start: Standard
- Remote Control: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 2
- Output: 9.9 hp (7.3 kW)
- Displacement: 333 cc (20.32 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 61 x 57 mm (2.40 x 2.24 in)
- Starting: Electric & Manual or Manual
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6 in. - 10 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in., 25 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 1.06 qt. (1 L)
- Fuel Tank: 3.1 US gal. (12 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 94.7 lb. (43 kg)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 145W, 12A (Standard on Electric Start Models)
- Max. RPM Range: 5,400 - 6,100
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard
- Power Tilt: Optional on Certain Models
- Engine Type
- 2 Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.40 x 2.24 in. (61 x 57 mm)
- 333 cc (20.32 cu.in.)
- Electric Start
- Shaft Length
- 15 in.
- 94.7 lb. (43 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 9.9 hp (7.3 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,400 - 6,100 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.15:1 / F-N-R
- 12V, 145W, 12A
- Remote Control