2018 Tohatsu MFS8BS
Our first priority when developing these 8 hp engines was to make them lightweight and compact without compromising reliability or the quality performance associated with the Tohatsu brand name.
We have maintained the durable standard features that Tohatsu owners appreciate while making fuel-efficient 4-strokes that are easy to transport.
These 8hp outboards are compact 2-cylinder, SOHC engines that have been manufactured to comply with all US EPA & CARB 3-star rating emission regulations.
- Light and compact!
- Available in a wide variety of models
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra Low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- Trim tab reduces steering effort, functioning also as the sacrificial anode that protects the engine from electrolysis
- 5 Year limited warranty
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- 6 trim positions* (*Certain models)
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort* (*Certain models)
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Aluminum propeller
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
- Front Shift: The shift lever is located on the front of the motor for easier operation.
- Wide Anti-Cavitation Plate with Trim Tab: The wide anti-cavitation plate effectively restrains the propeller from cavitating. The large trim tab helps to achieve effortless steering at high speeds while also providing corrosion protection.
- Air-Intake System: Our air-intake system has a large volume air silencer to ensure engine starting and to suppress air-intake noise during engine operation.
- Model: MFS8BS
- Shaft Length: 15
- Cylinders: 2
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- Remote Fuel Tank: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 2
- Output: 8 hp (5.9 kW)
- Displacement: 209 cc (12.8 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 55 x 44 mm (2.17 x 1.73 in)
- Starting: Electric or Manual
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Ratio: 2.08:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6.5 in. - 9.5 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 27 fl. oz. (800 mL)
- Fuel Tank: 3.1 US gal. (12 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 81.5 lb. (37 kg)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 80W, 6A (Standard on Electric Start Models)
- Max. RPM Range: 5,000 - 6,000
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard
- Engine Type
- 2 Cylinder
- Bore x Stroke
- 2.17 x 1.73 in. (55 x 44 mm)
- 209 cc (12.8 cu.in.)
- Shaft Length
- 15 in.
- 81.5 lb. (37 kg)
- Propshaft Horsepower
- 8 hp (5.9 kW)
- Full Throttle Operating Range
- 5,000 - 6,000 rpm
- Gear Ratio / Shift
- 2.08:1 / F-N-R
- Tiller Handle