The Tohatsu 5 hp 4-stroke gives you that peace of mind you need when purchasing an outboard. With Tohatsu's excellence in engineering, you can be assured that you are choosing an engine that will be with you for years to come.
The 5 hp features a new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class and with reduced emissions and exceptional fuel economy, this little 5hp 4-stroke is cleaner burning while also keeping your cost at the gas pump down.
Tohatsu 5 hp 4-Stroke Benefits
- Light and compact!
- Front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class!
- Designed with proven technology
- Greatly reduced vibration for smooth and stable running at all speeds
- Greatly reduced induction noise for a quieter ride
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB 3-Star rating approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
Easy Operation and Handling
- Digital CD ignition for easier engine starting, quicker throttle response and smoother trolling
- Recoil starter with larger reel making manual starting fast and easy
- Shallow water drive
- Adjustable steering friction for reducing steering effort
- 6 trim positions
- New longer tiller handle (110mm extension)
- Newly designed holding grip and larger carrying handle
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Stainless steel water pump housing liner for outstanding durability
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- 3.1 Gallon (12 liter) fuel tank with fuel gauge
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- Aluminum propeller
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Low oil pressure indicator
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Over-rev. limiter
- Front Mounted Shift Lever: The new front mounted shift lever, an industry first in its class, allows for better drivability.
- Longer Tiller Handle: The tiller handle has been extended 110mm from previous models for easier access and maneuverability.
- Larger Carrying Handle and newly designed Holding Grip on bottom cowl: A newly installed holding grip on the bottom of the cowl as well as a larger carrying handle makes transporting this compact model even easier.
- Propeller Hub Exhaust: Through-the-prop exhaust helps reduce engine noise.
Model Specific Features
- Model: MFS5CL
- Shaft Length: 20
- Cylinders: 1
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- Remote Fuel Tank: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 1
- Output: 5 hp (3.7 kW)
- Displacement: 123 cc (7.5 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 59 x 45 mm (2.32 x 1.77 in)
- Starting: Manual
- Control Type: Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.15:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 6 in. - 9 in.
- Transom Height: 15 in., 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: NMMA Certified FC-W® 4-stroke oil** SAE 10W-30/40 (SF, SG, SH, SJ)
- Oil Capacity: 15 fl. oz. (450 mL)
- Fuel Tank: 3.1 US gal. (12 L) Separate Fuel Tank
- Weight*: 55 lb. (25 kg)
- Alternator Output: Optional: 12V, 60W, 5A
- Max. RPM Range: 4,500 - 5,500
- Digital CD Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Oil Pressure Warning: Standard
- Shallow Water Drive: Standard