The Tohatsu 75 hp TLDI® outboard has exactly what all mariners need on their boat: power without all of the extra weight! Loaded with many of the same features as the 90hp, the 75hp TLDI® is the perfect choice when you need just a little less horsepower.
The 75 hp provides incredible oil and fuel savings (anywhere from 12% to 71% depending on RPM) by utilizing an air-assisted direct fuel injection system to precisely mix air and fuel. This powerful 75 hp TLDI® outboard provides an almost complete burn to reduce emissions while keeping the quality and durability that has become associated with our outboards. Once again, Tohatsu is the ultimate choice in reliability.
Tohatsu 75 hp TLDI® Benefits
- Air assisted direct fuel injection system that provides excellent fuel economy
- Extremely quiet operation
- Excellent horsepower-to-weight ratio
- Comes standard with a convenient built-in freshwater flush system that simplifies routine engine flushing
- Lightweight and compact
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Inductive ignition system for reliable starting
- Outstanding acceleration
- Electronic oil pump for more precise oil regulation throughout the rpm range
- Oil reservoir located on the top of the motor for quicker and easier refill onboard
- Multi-point oil injection system to more completely lubricate vital engine components
- Power Trim & Tilt
- Remote control box** (**Remote control models)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- Stainless steel water pump housing for outstanding durability
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- User adjustable idle and trolling speeds
- Tachometer and Trim & Tilt Gauge** (**Remote control models)
- Aluminum propeller
Warning & Protection
- Low oil level warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Engine Control Unit (ECU): The 32 bit engine control unit controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for TLDI® outboards.
- Air Compressor: One of TLDI®'s essential engine components that is the driving force in achieving stabilized fuel injection.
- Direct fuel Injection into Cylinders: Due to the intrinsic design of the chamber on the cylinder head, the finely atomized fuel mist created by the fuel injector is injected near the spark plug to achieve ideal combustion.
- Multifunctional Tachometer: The tachometer informs the operator of potential problems through the meter indicator and warning lamp. (Remote models only.)
- Fresh Water Flushing Port: The 115 hpTLDIR comes standard with a convenient built-in freshwater flush system. Located on the side of the engine, the flushing port simplifies routine engine flushing.
- Pistons Dedicated to TLDIR Outboards: Teflon coated pistons (equipped on MD 75/90/115) with a concave shape to the head were specifically designed for TLDIR and significantly increase the fuel combustion efficiency.
- 3-Step Trolling Speed Control: The idling speed can be set to any of the three rpm ranges, 700, 800 or 900, by adjusting it on your key switch. This feature allows you to select the ideal trolling speed for maneuvering during a variety of current and wind conditions.
Model Specific Features
- Model: MD75C2EPTOL
- Shaft Length: 20
- Cylinders: 3
- Electric Start: Standard
- Remote Control: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil injection: Standard
- Tachometer: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 3
- Output: 75 hp (56 kW)
- Displacement: 1267 cc (77.3 cu.in)
- Bore x Stroke: 86 x 72.7 mm (3.39 x 2.86 in)
- Starting: Electric
- Control Type: Remote Control
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.33:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 11 in. - 21 in.
- Transom Height: 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: Premium TCW-3 or Recommended
- Fuel Tank: Optional
- Weight*: 337 lb. (153 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 490W, 40A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,150 - 5,850
- Direct Fuel Injection: Standard
- Inductive Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Standard
- Variable Idle Speed: 700, 800, 900 rpm
* Weight specification is based on the lightest version.
Specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice.