Don't limit your hunting and fishing locations. With Tohatsu's 35hp Jet Drive TLDI® you can reach waters that are difficult to reach with a propeller-driven outboard.
Equipped with a factory-installed jet drive, this engine uses the power of our 50hp TLDI® and is also backed by a 5 year limited warranty. Choose this model and you can expect a reliable, tough engine that will be your partner out on the water for a very long time.
Tohatsu 35hp JET TLDIR Benefits
- Air assisted direct fuel injection system that provides excellent fuel economy
- Extremely quiet operation
- Excellent horsepower-to-weight ratio
- Lightweight and compact
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Inductive ignition system for reliable starting
- Oil reservoir located on the top of the motor for quicker and easier refill onboard
- Multi-point oil injection system to more completely lubricate vital engine components
- Remote control box** (**Remote control models)
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- User adjustable idle and trolling speeds
- Tachometer** (**Remote control models)
Warning and Protection
- Low oil level warning (visual and audible)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- Engine Control Unit (ECU): The 32 bit engine control unit controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for TLDI® outboards.
- Air Compressor: One of TLDI®'s essential engine components that is the driving force in achieving stabilized fuel injection.
- Multifunctional Tachometer: The tachometer informs the operator of potential problems through the meter indicator and warning lamp. (Remote models only.)
- Direct fuel Injection into Cylinders: Due to the intrinsic design of the chamber on the cylinder head, the finely atomized fuel mist created by the fuel injector is injected near the spark plug to achieve ideal combustion.
- 3-Step Trolling Speed Control: The idling speed can be set to any of the three rpm ranges, 700, 800 or 900, by adjusting it on your key switch. This feature allows you to select the ideal trolling speed for maneuvering during a variety of current and wind conditions.
Model Specific Features
- Model: MD35B2JETEFOL
- Shaft Length: 20
- Cylinders: 3
- Electric Start: Standard
- Tiller Handle: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Oil injection: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 3
- Output: Jet Pump 35 hp (26.1 kW); Horsepower 50 hp (36.8 kW)
- Displacement: 697 cc (42.5 cu.in.)
- Bore x Stroke: 68 x 64 mm (2.68 x 2.52 in)
- Starting: Electric
- Control Type: Remote Control or Tiller Handle
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 1:1
- Transom Height: 20 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: Premium TCW-3 or Recommended
- Fuel Tank: Optional
- Weight*: 196.2 lb. (89 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 280W, 23A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,150 - 5,850
- Direct Fuel Injection: Standard
- Inductive Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-Jet Exhaust: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Optional on Certain Models
- Variable Idle Speed: 700, 800, 900 rpm
* Weight specification is based on the lightest version.
Specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice.