TLDI® outboards provide the environmental offerings of four-strokes while never compromising the powerful running performance of two-strokes and our TLDI® 115 hp outboard is no exception.
With its three step adjustable trolling speed control, quick acceleration response, compact size, and fuel economy unlike any other, The 115 hp TLDI® can support a wide range of needs for both the pleasure and commercial boater alike. The 115hp TLDI® outboard continues the long standing Tohatsu tradition of anticipating the tough demands of the next generation of boaters.
Tohatsu 115 hp TLDI® Benefits
- Uniquely designed cowling with extra internal layering to provide a much quieter operation than conventional 2-stroke outboards
- Equipped with a high output alternator that produces 37 amps of power even at 1000rpm and a whopping 40 amps at wide-open throttle
- Comes standard with a convenient built-in freshwater flush system that simplifies routine engine flushing
- Air assisted direct fuel injection system that provides excellent fuel economyTohatsu Outboards Triple 115hp TLDI
- Excellent horsepower-to-weight ratio
- Lightweight and compact
- Ultra-low emission, EPA and CARB approved
- 5 Year limited warranty
High Performance and Easy Operation
- Outstanding acceleration
- Inductive ignition system for reliable starting
- Electronic oil pump for more precise oil regulation throughout the rpm range
- Multi-point oil injection system to more completely lubricate vital engine components
- Remote control box** (**Remote control models)
- Power Trim & Tilt
Fundamentals for User Convenience and Reliability
- Through-the-prop exhaust for a quieter ride
- Thermostatically controlled cooling system for consistent engine temperature
- High grade marine aluminum alloy that provides the ultimate protection against corrosion
- Stainless steel water pump housing for outstanding durability
- Zinc coating on internal water passages for superior corrosion resistance
- User adjustable idle and trolling speeds
- Tachometer and Trim & Tilt Gauge** (**Remote control models)
- Aluminum propeller
Warning & Protection
- Low oil level warning (visual and audible)
- Battery voltage warning (visual only)
- Overheat warning (visual and audible)
- Start-in-gear protection for safer engine starting
- Safety lanyard (an essential protection feature standard on all Tohatsu outboards)
- Over-rev. limiter
- High Output Alternator: The 115 TLDI® is equipped with a high output alternator that produces 37 amps of power even at 1,000 rpm and a whopping 40 amps at wide-open throttle.
- Individual Sensors: 6 individual sensors provide constant vital engine information to the ECU for maximum efficiency.
- Idle Noise Reduction System: The exhaust gases and the sound are routed through the labyrinth exhaust. This process reduces the noise level to a minimum when exiting above the water line through the idle port.
- Engine Control Unit (ECU): The 32 bit engine control unit controls the fuel injection and ignition timing for TLDI® outboards.
- Fresh Water Flushing Port: The 115 hpTLDIR comes standard with a convenient built-in freshwater flush system. Located on the side of the engine, the flushing port simplifies routine engine flushing.
- Direct fuel Injection into Cylinders: Due to the intrinsic design of the chamber on the cylinder head, the finely atomized fuel mist created by the fuel injector is injected near the spark plug to achieve ideal combustion.
- Air Compressor: One of TLDI®'s essential engine components that is the driving force in achieving stabilized fuel injection.
- Multifunctional Tachometer: The tachometer informs the operator of potential problems through the meter indicator and warning lamp. (Remote models only.)
- Pistons Dedicated to TLDIR Outboards: Teflon coated pistons (equipped on MD 75/90/115) with a concave shape to the head were specifically designed for TLDIR and significantly increase the fuel combustion efficiency.
- 3-Step Trolling Speed Control: The idling speed can be set to any of the three rpm ranges, 700, 800 or 900, by adjusting it on your key switch. This feature allows you to select the ideal trolling speed for maneuvering during a variety of current and wind conditions.
Model Specific Features
- Model: MD115A2EPTOL
- Shaft Length: 20
- Cylinders: 4
- Electric Start: Standard
- Remote Control: Standard
- 12V Charging System: Standard
- Power Trim & Tilt: Standard
- Oil injection: Standard
- Tachometer: Standard
- Propeller: Standard
- Engine (No. of Cylinder): 4
- Output: 115 hp (84.6 kW)
- Displacement: 1768 cc (107.9 cu.in)
- Bore x Stroke: 88 x 72.7 mm (3.46 x 2.86 in)
- Starting: Electric
- Control Type: Remote Control
- Gear Shift: Forward - Neutral - Reverse
- Gear Ratio: 2.0:1
- Propeller Selection Range: 11 in. - 21 in.
- Transom Height: 20 in., 25 in.
- Fuel: Unleaded Gasoline (87 Octane)
- Oil Type: Premium TCW-3 or Recommended
- Fuel Tank: Optional
- Weight*: 392 lb. (178 kg)
- Alternator Output: 12V, 490W, 40A
- Max. RPM Range: 5,150 - 5,850
- Direct Fuel Injection: Standard
- Inductive Ignition System: Standard
- Start In Gear Protection: Standard
- Thermostat Controlled Cooling System: Standard
- Through-The-Prop Exhaust: Standard
- Power Trim and Tilt: Standard
- Variable Idle Speed: 700, 800, 900 rpm
* Weight specification is based on the lightest version.
Specifications and descriptions are subject to change without notice.